Objectives and Programs
The Society aims to contribute to the advancement and distribution of biotechnology, and further academic cooperation and friendship among the members.
To those ends, the Society conducts the following programs:
- Cooperation in research for the advancement in the area of biotechnology
- Industry-university cooperation to facilitate putting into practical use of biotechnology
- Administration of academic activities including study presentations, lectures and workshops
- Publication of the Society’s journals both Korean and English, newsletters, proceedings from academic conferences, newsletters and academic books
- Recommendations on policies for the advancement of biotechnology
- Other overall activities and programs contributing to the objectives of the Society including international exchange of information
- Regular Member: Those who are engaged in the profession of biotechnology or closely associated with biotechnology related areas, and who endorse the objectives of the Society
- Student Member: Students who are majoring in biotechnology or related disciplines at a university
- Institutional Member: Groups or institutions that endorse the objectives and programs of the Society and those who are willing to sponsor the Society financially
- Lifetime Member: Those who hold a regular membership, want to continue to hold the membership for a ten-year period and have paid the membership fee in full and handed in the application prescribed.
How to apply for a membership
- Those who have filled in the application form and have paid the membership fee are listed as a member.
- Settlements by credit cards and online account transfers are available. In case of written bank transfers, the membership takes effect upon confirmation of money transfer.
- Those who want to hold a lifelong membership are eligible after 5 years of the regular membership and 3 years of the ordinary membership.